(expand submenu)

I am a Child or Young Person

How can I get support from Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)?

A good first step is to talk to your parents or carers. You may want to talk to a professional who know you well. This might be your teacher, social worker or GP. They will be able to advise (and can get further specialist advice if necessary) about possible courses of action, and will often be able to refer you directly to CAMHS should that prove necessary.

In many cases, however, referral to CAMHS will not be necessary and the professional will be able to offer advice, treatment or tell you about other services that may be able to help you.

If you think that you need help with your emotional or mental health needs, please seek help as soon as possible.

What's it like visiting CAMHS?