What We Do
The Children's Continuing Care and Assessment Team provide evidence based care and support to children and their families or carers.
- Providing holistic care for children on our caseload
- Support families, early years settings and others to be able to meet the health needs of the children
- Working in partnership with other agencies statutory, private and voluntary sectors to ensure support is in place for the child and family.
- Act as a key worker and promote the use and support via CAF (Common Assessment Framework)
- Identify those children who are at risk of being harmed either physically or emotionally and act accordingly in line with child protection policy.
- Provide and manage medical devices and consumable equipment to enable Childrens health needs can be met
- Assess children for Childrens Continuing Care and submit recommendations in line with the Midlands, Lancashire and South Cumbria Commissioning Unit assessment tool.