Occupational Therapy - How to Refer
Criteria for Referral
The Occupational Therapy service will see:
- Children and young people who have an address and GP within the Central and Peninne regions of Lancashire (the geographical footprint of the service).
- We offer a service for children and young people aged 0-18.
- For young people who access special education, we will continue to support known health needs up to the age of 19. For any new needs identified post 18th birthday, we will support you to refer to adult services.
- Children with a physical motor difficulty which is impacting on their daily occupations, their independence or access to their home environment.
- If the evidence base indicates that Occupational Therapy will be beneficial to reducing the impact of their difficulties.
- If you are unsure if you meet our criteria please contact us to discuss.
Sources of Referral
Anyone can request involvement, including the service user or their parent or carer. Other professionals may refer the child or young person to the service, e.g. Health Visitors, Learning Disability Nurses, Speech and Language Therapists, Children’s Services, Hospital staff, GPs, Community Paediatricians. Written, verbal and electronic requests are accepted. The service is provided free of charge.
Referrals are accepted via:
Referral and Assessment Centre
Room FD GF 34
Telephone: 01254 612600
Fax: 01254 283712