My Child OT

    (expand submenu)


    My Child

    If you are concerned about your child’s development
    please look at these links to check the progress of your child

    An Occupational Therapist can help your child if they are struggling with any of these activities......

    Getting dressed

    Going to the toilet

    Having a bath or a shower

    Pencil control

    Fine motor activities

    Eating and drinking

    Sleeping position

    Organisations & Charities

    These websites may be of use to you, please click on the links below.....

    Download a leaflet about occupational therapy services for children and young people from the College of Occupational Therapists.


    Using knowledge from research, clinical experience and teaching (, the CPtoys™ app provides individually tailored treatment programmes by matching developmentally appropriate toys to specific upper limb treatment goals. CPtoys™ understands that toys are an essential part of upper limb therapy programmes. 


    CHASA is a nonprofit organisation dedicated to improving the quality of life for children and families living with
    hemiplegia, hemiparesis, or hemiplegic cerebral palsy 


    A really useful website providing a lot of information about healthy eating, useful recipes, activities in your local area to get involved in, 10-minute shake up and lots more.


    This website will support you to find answers to questions that are often asked about Down’s Syndrome. This information will help you to separate the facts from some common misconceptions. If you do not find what you are looking for you can ring their helpline and speak to one of their specialist advisors.


    The Dyspraxia Foundation is a countrywide charity, founded in 1987 as the Dyspraxia Trust by two mothers who met at Great Ormond Street Hospital for sick children. After being told that their children had dyspraxia they were astonished and dismayed to discover that no facilities existed to help or inform parents and children with the condition. They decided to form their own group to help others to help themselves. The website provides lots of practical information on the condition.


    Childhood Dyspraxia - NHS Choices

    HemiHelp is a UK based charity for people with hemiplegia and their families. The website has lots of useful information for people with this condition.

   provides help and advice across the spectrum of problems seen in the ‘heritable disorders of connective tissue’ – joint hypermobility syndrome, Ehlers Danlos, Marfan syndrome, Stickler Syndrome and  Osteogenesis Imperfecta.


    Lifehouse is a new approach to providing services for disabled and older people in Liverpool


    Disabled Living is a Manchester based charity which provides impartial information about equipment (assistive technology) and services for disabled adults, children, older people and the professionals who support them. Located in Worsley in a purpose built centre and working in partnership with Salford Community Equipment Services and other Local Authorities, Disabled Living offer a wide range of services to support independent living, make life easier and improve quality of life. With a team of health and social care professionals, together with knowledgeable information officers, Disabled Living can offer solutions to what may seem unmanageable problems.


    This website provides information and support to those and campaign to improve the quality of life of people who live with a muscle wasting condition

    This website provides information on Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, what it is, how it’s managed and living with the condition.


    The National Autistic Society (NAS) is a British charity for people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD), including Autism and Asperger Syndrome. The purpose of the organisation is to improve the lives of people with Autism in the United Kingdom.


    This website provides information about Cerebral Palsy.


    Charity for children with neurological problems. Details of projects, jobs available and how to volunteer. Support network for parents and a collection of links


    Cash for Kids   

    Cash for Kids is the official charity of Rock FM and provides a helping hand to disabled and disadvantaged children across Lancashire. All the money is raised locally and spent locally and goes to children and young people under 18 throughout the region, with mental, physical or sensory disabilities, with behavioural or psychological disorders, living in poverty or situations of deprivation, suffering through distress, abuse or neglect.


    Newlife is the UK's largest charity funder of children's specialist disability equipment. Newlife Nurses support thousands of families, campaigning for policy change and funding targeted medical research, to improve child health.


    A service providing help and advice, for short term wheelchairs loans in your local area. They also run first aid courses.


    Supported Sessions for Children & Young People with Disabilities and Additional Needs. Twinkle House Provides a FREE sensory-based personalised support service for children and young people 0-19 with Disabilities and Additional Needs living in West Lancashire and neighbouring areas.  Twinkle House has a Specialist Resource Library on site with a wide variety of resources, books, guides and aids that can be accessed by becoming a member.  Our Library provides a great opportunity for families and services to try resources before buying them


    Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people.


    We're here to transform the lives of disabled children by providing the vital equipment, support and life skills they need to reach their full potential. As well as providing mobility equipment, at Whizz-Kidz we run a whole range of other services for young wheelchair users, completely free of charge.