Opportunities for Learning Disability Nurses
We are currently looking for Learning Disability Nurses to provide healthcare and support to people with learning disabilities and their family and carers, enabling them to live a fulfilling life.
Who are we looking for?
If you’re an experienced Learning Disability Nurse or a student nurse looking to develop your career in Learning Disability Nursing, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications are welcome from:
- Registered nurses
- Student nurses
- Nurses returning to practice after a career break
- Nurses returning to practice following retirement
Learning Disability Nursing, by its very nature, is both challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to be compassionate, respectful and a team player with excellent communication skills.
Where are opportunities available?
A variety of roles are available at our inpatient units across Lancashire and South Cumbria based at:
- Chorley Inpatient Unit, Chorley and South Ribble Hospital
- Furness General Hospital, Barrow
- Guild Lodge, Preston
- Pendleview/Hillview, Royal Blackburn Hospital
- Scarisbrick Inpatient Unit, Ormskirk District General Hospital
- The Harbour, Blackpool
- The Cove, Heysham
At Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust we value our team members who strive to provide the best possible experience for our service users and their carers, every day. In return we offer a wide range of staff benefits including:
- Training and development support;
- Generous annual leave allowance;
- Excellent career development prospects;
- and more …
Join us and make a difference
Learning Disability Nursing is a fantastic career which offers the chance to make a real difference to the lives of others.
And, to find out more …
Here’s what Maria Nelligan, our Director of Nursing and Quality has to say about a career in Learning Disability Nursing at LSCft. In Conversation with Maria.
Plus, Maria outlines why now is the perfect time to join the learning disabilities team at LSCft. Come and join Maria’s team.