Opportunities for Mental Health Nurses
Our Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) support people with mental health conditions to enable recovery and help patients have more involvement and control over their illness.
Who are we looking for?
If you’re an experienced Mental Health Nurse or a student nurse looking to develop your career in Mental Health Nursing, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications are welcome from:
- Registered nurses
- Student nurses
- Nurses returning to practice after a career break
- Nurses returning to practice following retirement
Given the nature of Mental Health Nursing, it’s a demanding but rewarding career choice. You’ll need to be compassionate, respectful and a team player with excellent communication skills.
Where are opportunities available?
A variety of roles are available at our inpatient units across Lancashire and South Cumbria based at:
- Chorley Inpatient Unit, Chorley and South Ribble Hospital
- Furness General Hospital, Barrow
- Guild Lodge, Preston
- Pendleview/Hillview, Royal Blackburn Hospital
- Scarisbrick Inpatient Unit, Ormskirk District General Hospital
- The Harbour, Blackpool
- The Cove, Heysham
At Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust we value our team members who strive to provide the best possible experience for our service users and their carers, every day. In return we offer a wide range of staff benefits including:
- Training and development support;
- Generous annual leave allowance;
- Excellent career development prospects;
- and more …
Join us and make a difference
Mental Health Nursing is as valuable and satisfying as caring for those with a physical illness and you’ll make a real difference to the lives of others.