This service was established in 2008 by Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust.
The remit of the service is to provide a specialist assessment and treatment service for individuals who experience a significant range of distressing symptoms following an event(s) which they have found to be traumatic.
The service is based in Chorley and has a number of staff with specialist skills and experience in the assessment and treatment of trauma. Please note the service can only accept referrals for people who are currently under the care of Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust and we are not currently in a position to accept GP, external or self–referrals. Please see the referrals section for more detailed information.
Information for those affected by the Ukraine crisis
These documents are written in Ukrainian.
- How trauma can affect you (PDF document download)
- Reactions to trauma (PDF document download)
- Understanding post traumatic stress (PDF document download)
Further information online
- Psychology tools
- The British Psychological Society (BPS) Supporting children to manage anxiety over war, conflict and crises
- Combat Stress for Veterans affected by the crisis
- How to Talk With Your Child About the War in Ukraine
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- BBC Ukraine conflict: How to help yourself, your kids, and others
- Very Well Mind
Telephone: 01772 647 071
18 Euxton Lane