Workplace Trauma Support (WTS) has been developed to help coordinate trauma-informed responses to incidents in the workplace and has recently been adapted to encompass advice in regard to the COVID outbreak.
The WTS Model is a 4 tiered model that provides a layered support system that focuses on:
1. Workplace wellbeing awareness
Enhancing awareness of wellbeing within the workforce. Learning how to look after ourselves and our colleagues, so we can look after others. Identifying specific challenges faced within the service.
2. Immediate personal support - manager and team leader training
Helping team leaders and managers to identify the needs of their team to be able to offer immediate and ongoing support. Enabling managers to identify staff best placed to offer psychological support.
3. Immediate personal support - WTD practitioner training
Training identified team members to be WTS practitioners to offer validation, enhance immediate and ongoing safety and provide physical and emotional support.
4. Enhanced care, support and treatment pathways
Identify and signpost for ongoing support as required.
WTS Trainers will have access to the following shared resources:
- The Workplace Trauma Support Manual
- A recorded webinar and interactive Train the Trainer training session
- A recorded webinar for Managers and Team Leaders training session to introduce the core principles
- A recorded webinar for WTS Practitioner and training session to introduce the core principles
- Up-to-date lists of trainers within their locality/clinical setting
- Training resources for face to face training