My Child

    (expand submenu)


    Cartoon image of four children

    Physiotherapy - My Child

    If you are concerned about your child's health or development please follow the links below, which will allow you to check the progress of your child, and provide helpful advice to help you manage their needs and enhance their skills.

    NHS Choices logo

    General advice for helping you make the best choices for your health and wellbeing, plus information on a wide range of conditions.

    Baby Buddy App logo


    Advice about early child development.


    BBC Tiny Happy People logo

    The BBC have developed this website called Tiny Happy People, to help you develop your child's skills. Explore their simple activities, videos and play ideas and find out about your child's early development.

    Tiny Happy People is supported by a range of famous people.

    Change 4 Life logo

    A really useful website providing a lot of information about healthy eating, useful recipes, activities in your local area to get involved in, getting children active and lots more.

    Local Offer


    The Local Offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place. It shows families what they can expect from a range of local agencies including education, health and social care.

    Click on the image to be taken to the website.

    Lancashire Local Offer logo

    Local Support for Carers


    If you care for a disabled child under 18 years old you can apply for a Parent Carer Needs Assessment, also known as Children's Act Assessment. If your child is being assessed for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan, then both should be done at the same time. It is usually completed by a Social Worker. 

    Please click the link on the left for more information.



    Click the link to the left to find a wide range of information for carers who are supporting a young person who is preparing to enter adulthood and adult services.


    If you are an unpaid carer of someone over the age of 18 you can request your own Carers Assessment- please click on the link to the left to find out more. It may also be the best way to meet your needs as a carer is to provide care and support directly to the person you care for eg by providing replacement care to allow you to take a break. To do this the person neeing care will need to agree to an assessment from Adult Social Care

    Organisations & Charities


    These websites may also be of use to you if your child has specific needs or conditions, please click on the links below. 

    The Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists is a Specialist Interest Group (under the CSP)  for physiotherapists working with children.  It provides a forum of support for those interested in paediatrics and promotes best practice for those working with children and young people.

    Their website has a large section of Information for parents and resource section of leaflets.

    The Chartered Society of Phyisotherapy (CSP) is the professional, educational & trade union body for the UK's Chartered Physiotherapists, Physio students and support workers.

    Their website contains information for the public on managing a wide range of  conditions, and general health information

    Image result for can child


    Can Child website has information about different diagnoses, including causes, identification, assessment, and management.

    They are the hub of an academic network of international scientists who conduct applied clinical and health services research. CanChild research efforts focus on children and youth with disabilities and their families.

    Condition Specific;


    This website provides information on Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, what it is, how it's managed and living with the condition.


    Provides help and advice across the spectrum of problems seen in the ‘heritable disorders of connective tissue' – joint hypermobility syndrome, Ehlers Danlos, Marfan syndrome, Stickler Syndrome and  Osteogenesis Imperfecta.