I Have Been Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes for More Than 1 Year
The course that is most suitable for you is Diabetes and More.
This course is designed for people who have been diagnosed with diabetes for more than one year. It is an informal and friendly group programme of two sessions run over consecutive weeks, each session lasting approximately 2 hours. At this point in your diabetes journey, you will likely have different questions from when you were initially diagnosed – this course allows you to discuss the scenarios that are important to you through group participation.
We aim to help you to:
- Learn more about Type 2 diabetes
- Meet and chat to other people in a similar situation to yourself
- Give you the opportunity to share your own experiences
- Put your questions to the experts
The course covers many useful topics including:
- What is diabetes?
- Available treatments
- Eating well with diabetes, including tips for eating out
- Managing your diabetes whilst on holiday
- Practical and preventative foot care advice