I Have Been Newly Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
The course that is most suitable for you is Diabetes and You.
This course is designed for people with a recent diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, but can also be useful for those who feel they need a refresher. It is an informal and friendly group programme of two sessions run over consecutive weeks, each session lasting approximately 2 hours.
We aim to help you to:
- Find out more about Type 2 diabetes
- Meet and chat to other people in a similar situation to yourself
- Give you the opportunity to share your own experiences
- Put your questions to the experts
The course covers many useful topics including:
- What is diabetes?
- What having diabetes may mean for me
- Eating well with diabetes and dispelling myths
- Practical and preventative foot care advice