What does First Step offer?
The links on this page will give you an idea of what the various treatments would look like. For some problems there is more than one choice, for some problems there is only one talking therapy option that is proven to work. Your assessment practitioner will discuss this with you.
Why might my GP have suggested that First Step could be helpful?
Many people are referred (or are encouraged to contact First Step themselves) by their GP. The GP will have thought that some form of therapy involving talking about your problems and making changes to ways of acting or thinking would be useful.
In This Section
- First Step Employment Support
- CBT-I (CBT for Insomnia)
- Ways to Wellbeing Workshops
- Guided self-help for depression and anxiety disorders
- Preparing for CBT - Group Session
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapies (CBT) for depression and anxiety disorders
- CBT-informed treatment for mild eating disorders (e.g. bulimia)
- Counselling for depression
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)