At Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (LSCft), we are committed to investing in our people by nurturing talent and providing them with the opportunity to develop. Lots of our workforce started out by doing an apprenticeship, including those who saw it as an opportunity to progress without having to go to college or university full-time.
Benefits to apprenticeships
Not sure if an apprenticeship is for you? Take a look at the reasons below why most people decide to start an apprenticeship.
- Earn money whilst learning on the job
- Grow in self-confidence
- Learn new skills
- Gain experience working as part of a team
- Receive support along the way.
Why choose LSCft for your apprenticeship?
There are many reasons why you should choose LSCft to begin your career, including:
- We invest over £1.3 million in apprenticeships each year
- Excellent staff benefits
- We are an inclusive employer, we encourage applications from all sections of society and we are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and or arrangements as required
- After completion of their qualification, many of our apprentices stay with us and go on to have successful careers within the Trust
- Lots of opportunities for career progression
- We are committed to our apprentices' welfare
- We embrace diversity.
Current employee thinking of an apprenticeship?
The Apprenticeship Levy can be used to fund staff development qualifications. If a development need has been identified on your Personal Development Review (PDR) then please contact us to check if a relevant apprenticeship qualification is available.
We have qualifications ranging from Level 2 and Level 7 (Master's degree) in a wide range of clinical and non-clinical subjects.
Please email the apprenticeships team for further information.
View our apprenticeship vacancies
Are you an LSCft team thinking of taking on an apprentice?
Before deciding to recruit an apprentice to your team, it's worth considering the many ways someone could add value. Getting an apprentice can bring lots of benefits including:
- Attracting new talent
- Developing career pathways
- Enhancing patient care
- Tackling staffing issues
- Creating a more diverse workforce increases productivity in your teams.