At Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (LSCft) we aim to offer a variety of work experience placements in both clinical and non-clinical areas. A work experience placement is your opportunity to spend a period of time outside the classroom, learning about a particular job or area of work.
More people in England work for the NHS than any other organisation. This doesn't mean just doctors and nurses, it also includes healthcare assistants, business managers, clerical staff and more. Over 350 different careers, each with a vital role to play in delivering a first-class health service.
Benefits to work experience
- Provide students with an insight into LSCft and the NHS
- Enable students to meet staff and discuss career options
- Learn to build up an understanding of what we have to offer
- Gain valuable experience in the workplace
- Develop skills needed for your course work for school/ college
- Helps young people to mature and get an insight into what the working world looks like.
Apply for work experience with us
If you are interested in a Work Experience placement within our Trust please make your application within the Lancashire and South Cumbria footprint using the ICP’s new website www.nhscareersnw.co.uk and follow the steps below:
- Create an account on the website
- Click into placements
- Select the application based on the type of placement you are looking for
- Read the terms and conditions before completing the form (there are windows when we will not be accepting submissions).
The placements available on the website are a collaborative offer from all 5 trusts within this locality. Based on the area you select you may receive a response with a placement offer from one of our partner trusts.
Please be advised that all requests will be considered via a competitive selection process, and due to experiencing large volumes of requests unfortunately will not be able to accommodate them all.
If you have any further questions that have not been answered above please email us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have a mixture of clinical and non-clinical placements across Lancashire and South Cumbria. Please contact us to request a copy of our placement directory.
Short work experience placements are aimed to give students an insight into their chosen career; you will be assigned to shadow a member of staff throughout your placement observing them completing their day-to-day tasks.
To access work experience you must be enrolled with one of our local schools or colleges. Clinical work experience is for 16+.
All placements are non-paid. The Trust does not contribute towards lunch or travel expenses.