You are entitled to access your health records under the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Bill 2018. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). Unless the request is complicated or involves a large volume of information copies will be provided free of charge.
This is a written account of information about the individual in relation to contact and care delivery by the Trust and may include:
- Basic details about you, such as address and next of kin
- Details of your ongoing care
- Information about past hospital appointments and admissions
- Results of investigations.
Subject Access Requests can be made as follows
You have a right to apply for access if:
- You are the service user
- You have parental responsibility for a service user who is a under the age of 12
- You are the person authorised in writing to make an application on behalf of the patient (patient signature required) this includes children from the age of 12
- You are a person appointed by the court to manage the patient's affairs when they are unable to e.g. Lasting Power of Attorney for Health and Wellbeing (documented proof must be provided)
Please contact us to request and access form.
Post: SAR Team, Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust, Unit 7, Astra Business Centre, Roman Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 5AP.