To support our local communities by excelling in everything we do together.
Our values and behaviours
- We are approachable and show compassion
- We actively listen to what people need and proactively offer our support
- We pay attention to our own wellbeing and the wellbeing of others
- We celebrate success and provide feedback that is sincere and genuine
- We are open and honest, ensuring people receive information in ways they can understand
- We support different perspectives and views
- We put service users at the heart of everything we do, proactively seeking feedback
- We take pride in our work, and take responsibility for our actions
- We seek out opportunities to learn so we are supported to reach our potential
- We set high standards, and are open and flexible to change, and improvement
- We value appraisals, supervision and learning opportunities
- We speak out if the safety of our service users is compromised
- We take personal and team accountability, to deliver the highest standards of care
- We work in partnership with our service users to ensure co-production, engagement and learning.
- We actively build trusting relationships, and take time to celebrate success
- We work in collaboration with others outside of the Trust, ensuring excellent outcomes for service users and carers
Our Strategic Priorities
Our vision and values are supported by six strategic priorities, which outline key areas of focus for the Trust.
- We will put service users at the heart of everything we do, supporting effective care, recovery and wellbeing
- We will employ and retain the best staff because our work culture will be inclusive and a supportive place to work
- We will deliver safe care and we will embrace an open and learning culture, ensuring we continually improve
- We will respond to peoples’ needs by striving for the highest standards of quality, proactively reducing health inequalities
- In order to support our local communities by excelling in everything we do together we will always collaborate with our system partners
- We will provide sustainable services that are delivered in an effective and efficient way, at the time people need it.
You can find out more about our strategy by watching the video below:
At Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust we challenge ourselves every day to be the best we can be for the people who need us the most. We've been looking at what we do now and how our services could be delivered differently in the future working with our service users, their carers and families, our staff and our partners we've explored together what we want the future to look like.
We have developed a Trust strategy to help us to get there. Our strategy gives us a clear plan for the things we want to do to keep improving for the population we serve, it supports us to achieve our vision to support our local communities by excelling in everything we do together. Everyone has the right to feel safe and cared for when accessing our services and we are committed to providing the highest quality care and treatment.
Through our strategy we will keep striving for the highest quality standards supporting our staff to go further to make sure you will receive safe person-centered care that is prevention and recovery focused and accessible in your local community. Our new strategy also reinforces the values that matter most to us which are reflected in how we behave every day, we are kind, we are approachable and show compassion, we actively listen to what people need and proactively offer our support, we pay attention to our own well-being and the well-being of others, we celebrate success and provide feedback that is sincere and genuine, we are respectful,l we are open and honest ensuring people receive information in ways they can understand we seek value and support diverse perspectives views and experiences, we put service users and carers at the heart of everything we do proactively seeking feedback, we take pride in our work and take responsibility for our actions, we are always learning, we seek out opportunities to learn so we are supported to reach our potential, we set high standards and are open and flexible to change and improvement, we value appraisals supervision and learning opportunities, we speak up if we are concerned about safety and focus on opportunities to improve, we are a team, we take personal and team accountability to deliver the highest standards of care, we work in active partnership with service users and carers, we actively build trusting relationships and take time to celebrate success, we work in collaboration with our partners to enable joined up care.
Our strategy gives us six priority areas we want to focus on over the next five years. Our strategy puts our service users at the heart of what we do, we will work closely with them to make sure they can access consistent high quality care across all our services and we will make sure that they feel confident their feedback is having a direct impact on the services they use. To do this we will be focused on continuing to improve the quality of our services maximizing our ability to innovate and minimizing the things that go wrong. Learning from everything we do we will deliver the best value from all of our resources making sure our services are as efficient as they can be to create a sustainable future but we can't do this alone, we need to create an outstanding place to work making sure our staff feel valued and are supported to reach their potential, we want to attract and retain the very best people looking after their well-being and making sure our workforce truly represents the communities we serve. We will build new partnerships and strengthen the ones we already have by working together to design, deliver and lead new ways of working. We will join up care in our community helping people stay well for longer and providing them with care closer to home where possible because we know this is what matters to our service users carers families local communities and our incredible staff. We are ambitious in what we want to achieve but we believe our service users and staff deserve the very best experience we can give them we are making sure everything we do is helping people improve their lives.
We are making lasting positive change in physical and mental health care and treatment we are LSCft.
Download our Strategy, Strategy Summary and Plan on a page.
Our strategic priorities will be delivered through specific enabling strategies that will work together to help us achieve success.
Download our Enabling Strategies
- Clinical services enabling strategy
- Quality enabling strategy
- People, Improvement and Culture enabling strategy
- Service User and Carer enabling strategy
- Communications and Engagement enabling strategy
- Finance enabling strategy
- Estates enabling strategy
- Digital enabling strategy
- Research and development enabling strategy