Mental Health Liaison Team (MHLT)
To service A&E department and Medical Assessment Wards.
This service provides:
- A rapid mental health assessment service for individuals aged 16 and over who present to the Accident & Emergency Department and Medical Assessment Unit of the Acute Trusts.
- To provide mental health assessments and advice for clients who are in-patients on medical wards within the Acute Trusts
- Conduct comprehensive risk and mental health assessments to a standardised level of best practice
- To offer advice and support to colleagues within the Acute Trusts
- Ensure appropriate signposting/referral onto relevant statutory and non-statutory agencies as identified, including Single Point of Access (SPOA), Perinatal Community Mental Health Teams (PCMHT), Home Treatment Teams (HTT), Substance Misuse Services and Housing and Emergency Social Services Team in response to client need
- To inform, in writing, GP’s and other relevant agencies with the outcomes of assessments within 24 hours.
- Improved communication between the Accident and Emergency Department, Mental health services and other departments within the Acute Trust Hospital setting in relation to patient care and management.
- For Trust values to be evident in all aspects of service delivery and interactions with service users, carers, colleagues and peers
Where the service is provided and how to contact us
Fylde Coast MHLT
South Stand Football Stadium
Tel: 01253 951640
Lancaster & Morecambe MHLT
Royal Lancaster Infirmary,
Ashton Road, Lancaster LA1 4RP
North Barn, Pathfinders Drive,
Lancaster LA1 4JJ
Tel: 01524 550420
Preston & Chorley
Royal Preston Hospital,
Sharoe Green Lane North,
Tel: 01772 773499
Royal Blackburn Hospital,
Tel: 01254 226123