As a team, we welcome queries regarding medication and are available to provide information regarding any aspect of medication to healthcare professionals from any setting, service users and carers.
The Medicines Management Team within Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive medicines management service across the whole of Lancashire and South Cumbria.
The team is made up of pharmacists, clinical medicines management technicians and medicines management nurses who provide expert advice and support in all aspects of medicines management. We also work closely with other organisations to promote the safe and effective use of medication across the wider health and care system.
The team provides clinical pharmacy support to both inpatients and community settings and also has independent pharmacist prescribers working in a variety of services.
- Royal College of Psychiatrists - this information is for anyone who would like to try complementary medicines for a mental health problem.
- NHS Choices - A - Z of health conditions and information.
- Mind - explains what psychiatric drugs are, what to know before taking them, and information on side effects and coming off medication.
- Bumps, medicine in pregnancy - information about the best use of medicines in pregnancy.
- Choice and medication - our Choice and Medication website provides people with information about medicines used in the mental health setting to help people make informed decisions about medication.
- Patient Info - information about treatment and medication.
- University of Birmingham Learning Disabilities Medication Guidelines.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium - up to date, approved and regulated prescribing and patient information for licensed medicines.
- Young Minds - straight talk on mental health medication for children and young people.
- Rethink - there are many medications for mental health and it's often difficult to know how to know which is the best for you.