The Tuberculosis (TB) Service is now part of the Communicable Disease Service.
The TB Service provides control, prevention and treatment of TB by:
- Providing advice and support to patients diagnosed with TB
- Managing and coordinating TB treatment in partnership with chest clinic, paediatricians and hospital colleagues
- Identify and screen all TB contacts meeting the necessary criteria, ensuring they are followed up appropriately
- Screening of all new entrants and long stay visitors from high risk countries who plan to reside in UK for more than 6 months
- Provide BCG vaccination for babies, children and individuals who meet the Department of Health criteria for BCG vaccination.
How to access the service
We operate a self referral or clinical referral. Please contact us to refer.
We provide specialist nurses and a secretary in the following areas:
- Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre
- Lancaster and Morecambe Bay
- Chorley and South Ribble
We do not cover East Lancashire including Blackburn with Darwen. This area is covered by East Lancashire Teaching Hospitals.