The Key Working Service offers a comprehensive key working training offer plus a short term designated key worker to support a child, young person and their parents/carers.
Who we work with
- Individuals diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism or where diagnosis is expected or pending
- Aged 0 to 18 years
- A child/young person who is at risk of hospitalisation or is currently hospitalised or at risk of accommodation or care package breakdown
- The child/young person is on the Dynamic Support Database and is at the ‘red’ level.
The service will
- Help the family understand the child/young person’s needs and navigate their journey through the system
- Support practitioners in supporting the child and family to develop skills and strategies that help them live life in a meaningful way
- Identify, guide and refer to other services where needed such as carer support services, CAMHS, short break provision
- Facilitate effective communication between the child/young person, the family and the practitioners
- Advocate and champion the child/young person and their family in discussions around provision of care as required
- Deliver training to parent/carers and practitioners in relation to key working to increase confidence and resilience.