A 2 hour Urgent Community Response service covering Preston, Chorley and South Ribble. The service operates 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays, 08:00 to 20:00 (last referrals received at 18:00).
The service comprises advanced clinicians who can respond within two hours if someone’s health or wellbeing suddenly deteriorates at home. This can avoid the need for an ambulance and prevent hospital admission.
The patient should be at risk of hospital admission within the next 2 to 24 hours if not seen by the service in the next 2 hours.
The service can provide assistance with:
- Fall with no apparent serious injury
- Exacerbation of existing condition e.g. COPD/Frailty
- Reduced function, deconditioning, reduced mobility
- Palliative and end of life care crisis support (where core services are not available)
- Confusion or delirium
- Urgent catheter care
- Urgent support for diabetes
- Urgent equipment provision