Short Course - Blackburn with Darwen
This course is delivered by trained health care professional and is designed for people with a recent diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, but can also be useful for those who feel they need a refresher. It is an informal and friendly group programme lasting about 2.5 hours in a variety of locations within Blackburn with Darwen.
We aim to help you to:
- Find out more about Type 2 diabetes
- Meet other people in a similar situation to yourself
- Put your questions to the experts
The course covers many useful topics including:
- What is diabetes?
- Eating well with diabetes and dispelling myths
- Practical carbohydrate discussions
- Offer to book on the DESMOND course
For further information or to book please contact the team on 01254 283886